I have known Miss Mandy for a little over a year now. We met at Onea’s hair salon and we built a great friendship after that. She had her big chop in June last year, so it has been a little over a year too. Let’s hear her natural hair story:-
1. How long have you been natural?
One year now.
2. Do you enjoy being natural? Have you face any challenges since going natural?
Yes, I do. I have not had any challenges as I started out with a great hair stylist who understood natural hair and gave me tips on how to maintain my hair. Secondly, I read a lot of material on natural hair before I went for the big chop.
3. If given the chance, would you go back to the creamy crack?
Well, I like the fact that I do not have to seek shelter when the slightest drop of water falls from the sky! Haha
I have grown to embrace my kinky hair so I take a pass on the creamy crack.
4. How simple or complicated is your hair regimen?
I go to the salon often so my hair stylist does the deep conditioning and styling for me. Then I maintain the hairstyle by wearing a satin bonnet when I go to bed.
5. Do you base your hair regimen on your hair type and does it really matter?
Quite frankly I do not do much to my hair. I let my stylist do her magic and I bask in the glory.
6. Would you consider yourself a curl chaser, length chaser or volume chaser? What are the perks?
I thank God that I have all the above.☺
7. D you purchase products based on needs or reviews?
My friend Maria Saru(ahem!) tells me what to buy.
8. What would you advice newbies on this natural hair journey?
Love your hair regardless of the stage you’re in.