I am not my hair
I am not this skin
I am the soul that lives within.
Y’all remember this song by India Irie? It is an anthem that is used so much by people to make them believe in themselves you know.
Yes I am the soul that lives within, but I am also definitely my hair and my skin. These two do define me because without this skin and hair, how would I relate to myself?
And so I would love to talk about Marini Naturals and how it has changed my life and hair. It is a brand I have grown to love and respect because it is Kenyan owned. Yeah baby. Kenyan brands are taking hair care to the next level and their shampoo got me good.
My hair really needed a lot of TLC, not the girl band, but tender, loving, care that it hadn’t gotten in two weeks. My scalp was itching like crazy and it needed to calm down. It was also dry and so moisture needed to be added. What better product to use than Marini shampoo.
Did you guys know that they rebranded on May 12th 2018? They have such a dope line and everything about the brand is just fun.
Anyhow….. Let’s get back to the shampoo review.
The ingredients in the shampoo make it great for fighting dandruff, combating dryness, it helps the hair grow too. The best part about it too is that it doesn’t contain sulphates. Sulphates are bad ingredients for natural hair. They cause major dryness, and so these should be avoided at all costs.
Here are a few reasons why I love the Marini shampoo:-
1. It is so thick, my hair loved it so much, she ate it up. Thickness means you won’t need so much to go around the whole head.
2. It lathers up. We all love that foam and bubbles here and there and it has that. It is a soft lather, but I would honestly say my hair was completely cleansed. I used the shampoo just twice.
3. When I bought the shampoo, first ingredient I saw was ACV- apple cider vinegar. That attracted me to it because ACV is known to restore the scalp’s PH balance and also gets rid of an itchy scalp. It also restores shine to the hair.
4. The scent is so scentlicious(if there is a word like that). It smells like tropical paradise. The bathroom smelt so good after the steam just spread around.
5. I have used this shampoo a couple of times and it’s just not ending y’all. It has lasted so long, which I like, meaning value for money. It comes in a 400ml bottle and yes it is worth it.
6. Because it is thick, I can say that when you travel you can easily carry it and it won’t spill over onto your items in the suitcase.
I love it when Kenyan brands rise up and take the lead and Marini is doing that.
I rest my case!!